Prime Choice Home Care Solutions offers person-centered home care services and supports, tailored to meet the unique needs, preferences and desires of each person we support. We provide home care services to individuals and families living in the Twin Cities metro and suburbs. Our services and supports are designed to provide in-home and daily living supports to older adults, people with disability, individuals recovering from an injury, or medical procedure, including families with small children who may need care and supports to live at home.
Prime Choice Home Care Solutions is looking for a compassionate, attentive On-call Caregiver (PCA) to support older adults in leading safe and healthy lives. The Caregiver will provide emotional support as clients heal or cope with disabilities, aging, sickness, or surgery. They will take care of basic housekeeping, prepare meals, remind clients to take medication, help clients engage in activities and social events, and perform other tasks to help clients feel safe and supported. You should have strong communication and planning skills and be willing to meet the physical demands of the position and comply with all safety, medical, and dietary directions.
To be a successful Caregiver, you should be focused on providing the best possible care and support for your clients. You should be sympathetic, responsible, attentive, and detail-oriented.
Locations: Roseville, St Paul, Minneapolis, Stillwater, Hastings, Forest Lake, Eagan
- Engaging clients by conversing with them and planning and attending them as they participate in appropriate social activities and hobbies.
- Handling basic housekeeping, such as dusting, sweeping, mopping, organizing, and laundry.
- Planning and preparing meals for clients, taking dietary restrictions and preferences into consideration.
- Taking a genuine interest in client by listening to their needs, ensuring that their environment is clean and safe, and providing them with proper food and medication.
- Monitoring clients, recording and reporting any developments or concerns to appropriate parties, such as company supervisors, doctors, or family members.
- Handling errands for or with client, such as grocery shopping, paying bills, writing letters, etc.
- Providing emotional support for clients as they heal or cope with their conditions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- More education, experience, specific skills or interests, or training may be preferred.
- Excellent references and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Strong communication, listening, planning, housekeeping, and reasoning skills.
- Ability to handle physical demands, such as lifting or support client and stand, walk, bend, or crawl for extended periods.
- First aid. CPR or nursing training may be a plus.
- Caring, sympathetic approach to working with clients.
- Willingness to follow directions and adhere to all company policies, safety procedures, and dietary, exercise, and medication plans.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 – $18.00 per hour